Saturday, September 6, 2008

On the blog saddle!


Thanks to the constant pressure and growing need to keep up with technology...we've decided to join the blog world. Yea! I'm not sure where to begin. We have been happily married for about eighteen months. We had plans to wait for about a year before we would start our family, but as most of us know, God has plans that often contradict our own most of the time. So about six months after we made together...forever, we discovered the beautiful news of our new little forever that was coming to us. We decided on the name early on and my hubby knew it was a girl almost from the very beginning. So there wasn't much debate about names. Our baby girl was born on March 6, 2008. It was 26 hours of labor and an eternity of love that got her here and welcomed her. Ever since she was born she has shown amazing alertness. She loves books, listening to mommy and daddy sing, rolling over (she's been attempting to roll over since two month old), being held by her cousins and just about everything else. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, bright, and cheerful baby. She is a constant source of joy and entertainment for Joe and I. At about three and a half months she won 2nd place in the freedom festival baby contest.

It was so much fun. Of course as her mother, I have to say that she was robbed out of first. She gets more active and more fun every day. It's amazing how I've spent every day with her since she's been born, and she has just grown and developed right before my eyes. She is definitely the apple of her daddy's eye. We love to kis her on both sides of her cheeks and call it a baby sandwich. The fact that she is as chubba as she is adorable makes this activity extra fun. It's a funny world we live in where cottage cheese legs, bumb dimples, and double chins turn from being a completely adorable when you're a baby to being less than desirable as an adult. The skinny is that we love being parents, we love eachother even more now that we are parents, and the love just keeps on growing! Next I'll write about the romantic birthday my hubby took me on...stay tuned.

2 comments:

BrittWilk said...

yeah!! i'm happy to be the first to officially welcome you to the blogging world! cute first post. :)

The Gibby's said...

WELCOME EARTHLING! It is a world in and of itself. I myself was hesitant to join, but because Beck and Stacey live out of state I decided to set up a blog. I really have loved staying in touch and reconnecting with people through this bloggin' world. And although you and I still chill together, I LOVE seeing this cute pics of your little Mateah! SHE DID GET ROBBED OF FIRST PLACE!!!